The Mission Statement for the Sheriff's Office under Monte's leadership.
Unedited video from Shawnee candidate debate.
- Dedicated and proactive law enforcement executive with comprehensive knowledge of law enforcement, demonstrated high standards of conduct, proven track record, and reputation for building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Experienced in modern policing, collaboratively working with government and community agencies, and presentation of a professional law enforcement image.
- Successful in enforcing laws relating to public safety and security with diplomacy.
- Skilled in all aspects of development of training programs, setting goals, objectives and strategic planning.
- Motivated, results-oriented achiever with strong communication, interpersonal, public relations, and interrogation skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Modern Police Administration Principles, Practices, and Techniques - Crime & Intelligence Personnel Management, Development, Motivation, & Discipline - Security - Budgeting
- Cost Containment & Negotiating Contracts - Testifying & Defense Representation
- Forecasting & Strategic Planning - Resource Procurement & Management - Problem Resolution Emergency Response & Incident Command Protocols - Investigation & Search Procedures Crisis Management - Evidence Collection & Protection - Traffic Control Operations
- Regulatory Compliance - Community Policing - Relationship Building - Negotiating Win-Win- Corrections
- Incident command experience including multi-jurisdiction coordination.
- Patrol officer experience and management.
11/2/2017 - Present
PARK COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE- Fairplay, CO 09/2000-04/2016 Undersheriff. Promoted from Jail Administrator to Undersheriff.
SUMMIT COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE-Breckenridge, CO 05/1988-09/2000 Captain, Division Commander. Promoted through ranks from Detention Officer, Patrol Deputy to Captain ultimately reporting directly to the Sheriff
State of Colorado Basic Academy, Canon City, CO, 2016
FBI National Academy, Quantico, VA, 2011, GPA 4.0
Advanced SWAT School, Canon City, CO 2008
SWAT School, Canon City, CO 2006
County Sheriff’s of Colorado Command School, Highlands Ranch, CO, 2003
St. John‘s University, 2000, B.S.- Criminal Justice- GPA 4.0, with honors
US Department of Justice, National Institute of Corrections Academy, Longmont, CO, 1998
Colorado Law Enforcement Training Academy, Golden, CO, 1992, GPA 4.0
Correction Officer Training Academy, Pueblo, CO, 1981
FBI Trained in Media Relations and as a Public Information Officer
Center Axis Relock Advanced Close Quarter Combat Firearms Instructor
Defense International Advanced Firearms Instructor
Incident Command 700
Changing the cultures of organizations-presenting a professional image
MEDALS & AWARDS
1 Distinguished Service Medal for Heroic Acts.
1 Special Citation for Bravery.
5 Live Saving Medals.
5 Peoples Choice Awards.
2 Congressional Awards.
3 Commendations from other agencies.
3 Outstanding Leadership Awards.
2 SWAT Awards.
26 Sheriff’s Commendations.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Elected President: Central Mountain Training Foundation. The Foundation in made up of seven counties, 44 different law enforcement agencies. 3,000 officers and a combined population of over 760,000. The Foundation provides POST certified training for peace officers, correctional officers, and prison staff in our region.
- Past President: South Central Colorado Law Enforcement Officers Association. The Association provides training for law enforcement and correctional officers.
- Past President: Foxtail Pines Home Owners Association.
- Past President of the South Park Parks and Recreation District. Worked to build and operate a community recreational facility, and created a Special District to fund it.
- FBI National Academy Associates.
- County Sheriffs of Colorado.
- Collaborated with citizens, Board of County Commissioners (BOCC), Colorado Division of Parks & Wildlife, Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA), Park County Road & Bridge, US Fish & Wildlife, & the NRA to build a 200-acre community shooting range.
- Vice President of Park County E-911 Board of Directors.
- United States Service Academy Selection Board Member for the office of U.S. Representative Doug Lamborn. Selection of candidates for the Nation's service academy's, Air Force Academy, West Point, Annapolis, and the Merchant Marine.
- Past Member of SERTOMA (the name is an abbreviation of "Service to Mankind").